Friday, September 5, 2014

Peppers - QUICK use them!

Last night, I forgot to take out any freezer meals. I need to be better about that!

So, I decided to use some of the sweet peppers that we bought a huge bag of and never used yet. Don't you hate when that happens?? "Oh these are on sale and they sound AWESOME, let's buy wayy too many of them and then they go bad." :-/

So the peppers were on the verge of going bad, and I made a HUGE serving of Simply Salsa for a party last Saturday, that no one really touched. We had chicken tacos with the Southwest Slow Cooker Sauce, but my friend made a 7 layer dip and we used that as a topper for them... It was amazing!

We also have a ton of frozen chicken because I didn't use as much as I thought I would for Kate & Mike's freezer meals (I ran out of room in the freezer, so I couldn't use it all!). I decided to do a Simply Pepper Chicken skillet meal.

I put about 6 chopped peppers, 3 cups of Simply Salsa (with canned tomatoes), 2 tbsp of Onion Onion and 8 chicken tenderloins chopped into bite sized pieces in my big skillet on high. Mixed it up a bit, and put on the timer for 20 minutes. With about 3 minutes left, I turned it down to medium low, and added a cup of mild cheddar. I started to burn it a bit with it on so high!

After it cooked up, I put some serving on a tortilla and added some sharp cheddar to it. It was a little spicy (I think from the Simply Salsa Mix), but overall super delicious!

If you are interested in ordering any of these products, don't hesitate to shop! All the new fall products are out and super yummy! :) Shop here!

Are you interesting in hosting a party to receive some of these products for free? Just e-mail me at mixwithsteph@gmail.com.

Until next time,

Keep Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment